Tagged News Items
- Splitsider includes UCBT authors on list of "Books Every Comedy Fan Should Read"
- UCBTNY's Hurricane Sandy Relief Show, Sunday November 25th
- UCBT's Chris Gethard Gets Adopted By The Independent Film Channel
- The UCB and the 14th Annual Del Close Marathon Profiled in the New York Times
- The Chris Gethard Show in The New York Times
- congratulations UCBT performers named Variety's 10 Comics to Watch
- UCBT performers and shows among Time Out New York's "Best Comedy of 2009"
Chris Gethard has been seen in The Office, Louie, The Other Guys, Iron Man 3, The Heat, Bored to Death, and in a whole bunch of commercials and College Humor videos. But most importantly, he's the host of The Chris Gethard Show (www.thechrisgethardshow.com), a weekly live call in fiasco that goes down on New York's public access airwaves (and that began as a monthly stage show at the UCB Theatre in Chelsea). The New York Times said Chris is a "short, unassuming fellow with the sneaky intensity of someone with a chip on his shoulder" and New York Magazine has referred to him as "The Carson of Cable Access". Chris was named one of Variety's Ten Comics to watch in 2010, was named one of the funniest people of 2012 by Huffington Post, and Flavorwire classified him as one of New York's 50 Up-and-Coming New York Culture Makers to watch in 2013. In 2012, IFC television "adopted" Chris, making him a public face of their network online, on air, and at festivals, and optioned his book A Bad Idea I'm About to Do for a television adaptation.